Telemedicine, also known as Telehealth, is the use of communications technology to deliver health care – for medical diagnosis, monitoring and therapeutic purposes – at a distance. It is a fast-growing technology that is transforming the health care field. Basically, it connects the health practitioner and the patient face-to-face securely through computers, tablets, and smartphones.
Recent data shows that of those who have experienced Telemedicine:
- 95% felt as comfortable receiving care through Telemedicine as they would have in person.
- 100% would use Telemedicine again.
Top 5 reasons why patients like Telemedicine are:
- Time-savings and cost-savings
- Travel distance avoidance
- Efficient and effective
- Maintains the continuity of care
- Always acting in the patient’s best interest
- Demonstrating professional competence, which includes meeting the standard of care and acting in accordance with all relevant and applicable legal and professional obligations to provide the highest possible quality of care.
- Maintaining patient’s privacy and confidentiality when collecting, using or disclosing personal health information.
- Communicating and collaborating effectively with patients, physicians and other health-care providers whenever necessary
- Recognizing and appropriately managing conflicts of interest, and avoiding situations where there may be a perceived conflict of interest.
At Ear Health Canada, we are bringing Telemedicine technology to ear care and audiology – specifically hearing and balance. We are committed to adopting innovative technology to improve care for patients, as well as to help establish best practices in Tele-Audiology. Our goal is to improve patient-centric care while ensuring complete security and privacy of patient information. Our Tele-Audiology system is compliant with Telemedicine standards and the Health Information Privacy and Portability Act (HIPPA).
Benefits to the patient include:
- Access to a wide network of Audiologists, Primary Care Physicians, and ENT Specialists
- Live sessions that could include multiple individuals including family members of the patient and even their own family doctor and they don’t have to be in the same location.
Ear Health Canada is offering Tele-Audiology services for Hearing and Balance Care:
- Diagnostic evaluations, (both Hearing and Balance Services), ABR, Electrocochleography, VEMP, ENG)
- BPPV treatment
- Rehabilitation, Vestibular rehabilitation
- Counselling TRT
- Remote hearing test
- Hearing aid related services: (Remote programming, trouble shooting, counseling, and rehabilitation)
If you are experiencing difficulty hearing
- Take the on-line hearing test on our website [CLICK HERE]
- Complete the Hearing and Lifestyle Questionnaires [CLICK HERE]
- If you have already been tested and have an Audiogram [CLICK HERE to upload it]
- Register on our Tele-Audiology section for a COMPLIMENTARY consultation [CLICK HERE]
If you are experiencing dizziness
- Complete the Dizziness Questionnaire [CLICK HERE]
- Complete the Dizziness Handicap Inventory [CLICK HERE]
- If you have already been tested and have the results at hand:
- Make an appointment with an Audiologist to discuss your results [CLICK HERE]
- Make an appointment with an ENT to get a second opinion [CLICK HERE]
If you are a health care professional and would like to partner with Ear Health Canada
- Please fill in the Partner Form and submit it [CLICK HERE]
- We will respond to you within 48 Hrs